SSC JE Selection Process 2022 has been specified here as per the official notification. Go through this post and read the stage wise selection criteria for the written exam, DV, final selection process and more!
SSC JE Selection Process 2022 is decided by the Staff Selection Commission. There are three stages of selection that candidates need to pass in order to get appointed as Junior Engineers. The first stage is a written exam consisting of objective type of questions and the second stage, Paper 2, is a descriptive paper. Candidates who qualify both these exams are then selected for the final stage of SSC JE selection process which is document verification.
It is important to ensure that candidates clear all stages of SSC JE selection or else they risk getting disqualified. Being aware of the stages of selection is crucial to preparing well. Hence, candidates check the complete SSC JE selection process for each stage in this post to help formulate their preparation for the exam.
SSC JE Selection Process 2022
SSC JE Selection Process is prescribed by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) in its notification. The SSC JE exam is conducted almost every year to recruit candidates for Electrical, Mechanical and Civil engineering disciplines. The SSC JE selection process is carried out in three stages:
- Stage 1: SSC JE Paper 1 Exam
- Stage 2: SSC JE Paper 2 Exam
- Stage 3: SSC JE Document Verification
To clear the exam, candidates have to clear all three stages. SSC JE Paper 1 is a computer-based test while SSC JE Paper 2 is pen and paper-based test. Further, there is a negative marking in SSC JE Paper 1. To know more about the SSC JE Selection Process as per the latest notification, read further to ensure clarity about the stages involved.
SSC JE Selection Process: Paper 1
The first stage of SSC JE selection process is Paper 1. It is an objective paper that is also called the prelim exam. Candidates can find the information about Paper 1 listed below.
- Paper 1 has 3 sections, general intelligence and reasoning, general awareness and general engineering for civil, electrical and mechanical engineering having only objective questions.
- The duration of paper 1 is 2 hours.
- Candidates need to qualify for the SSC JE paper 1 cutoff to move forward in the SSC JE selection process.
- Check the tables below for the SSC JE exam pattern and marking scheme.
|Subject||Questions||Marks||Duration||Type of questions|
|General Awareness||50||50||2 hours||Objective Type Questions|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||50|
|Part – A General Engineering (Civil & Structural or Electrical or Mechanical||100||100|
SSC JE Selection Process: Paper 2
The candidates who clear the Paper 1 cut off become eligible to go to the next stage of SSC JE selection. The second stage of SSC JE selection process is Paper 2 which is a descriptive exam. Candidates can find the details of Paper 2 below.
- The SSC JE Paper 2 exam is a conventional type exam with descriptive type questions.
- Paper 2 will have questions only from the technical subject as per your educational qualification.
- The SSC JE paper 2 will be 300 marks.
- Candidates are allowed to bring the Log table, Slide-rule, Calculator, and Stream table.
- There is no negative marking in Paper 2 of the SSC JE 2022 exam.
Check the Paper-II exam pattern in the table below:
|Part A/ Part B/ Part C||General Engineering (Civil and Structural)/ General Engineering (Electrical)/General Engineering (Mechanical)||300||2 hours|
SSC JE Document Verification
Candidates who clear the Tier 1 and Tier 2 exam are called for SSC JE document verification which is the final stage of selection. The candidates will have to furnish all the required documents in original along with a photocopy as asked by the commission. The documents are required to verify all the details entered by candidates in the SSC JE application form. The list of documents asked by authorities to present for SSC JE document verification is given below.
Documents to Carry for SSC JE Document Verification
- 10th class certificate and mark sheet
- 12th class certificate and mark sheet
- Graduation final mark sheet
- Graduation certificate
- Transfer certificate
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- PwD certificate (if applicable), etc.
- No objection certificate (if required)
SSC JE 2022 Final Selection: Merit List
SSC JE final selection of candidates is done on the basis of the marks scored by the candidates on paper 1 and paper 2. Only those candidates who will clear all the stages of the SSC JE selection process will make it to the Merit List. Thus, it is highly crucial that you score as many marks as you can in both SSC JE paper 1 and paper 2.
SSC JE Medical Requirements
SSC JE medical requirements are not required for all the posts. However, it is a requirement for the candidates who have chosen Border Road Organisation as their department while filling out the form. To make sure the candidate is mentally and physically fit to carry out the job properly, the commission will conduct a medical examination for all the candidates who will be appointed to the post of SSC Junior Engineer in BRO department.
SSC JE Resolution of Tie Cases
In case, more than one candidate scores equal aggregate marks, then SSC will conduct a tie resolution through the following methods.
- Total marks in the SSC JE 2022 written examination.
- Marks in SSC JE Paper 2.
- Marks in SSC JE Paper 1.
- Date of birth, with older candidates placed higher.
- Alphabetical order in the first names of the candidates appear.
For More Updates Visit Our Facebook Page
Also Visit Our Telegram Channel | Follow us on Instagram | Also Visit Our YouTube Channel